A mission requirements document couldn't be shorter.
The PolAres Rover „Phileas“ shall:
- Function in desert and arctic environment until –80°C (high robustness),
- Function 80 days without interruption and be able to cover a distance up to 80 km (long durability & range of exploration)
- and be usable in regions up to the 80° latitude (north / south) (high versatility).
The primary mission profile is the transfer, application and utilisation of scientific payloads, both during single robotic missions and in cooperation with analogue astronauts as human component.
More stories on rover "Phileas"Underneath you'll find more stories about our rover "Phileas". Read how we are making our first steps in designing the rover and constructing the first hardware.
- 24.-26. May 2013: MARS2013 Science Workshop
2 days MARS2013 science workshop to discuss the efficient exploitation of the data.
When: 24 - 26th May 2013
Where: TU Vienna, Grand Cupola Hall, Main building, Stair 6, 4th floor Karlsplatz 13, 1040 Vienna
Costs: 20 EUR (10 EUR students)
Registration deadline: 10th May 2013
- 25-26. May 2013: SpaceUp Paris
A SpaceUp conference is a space unconference, where participants have to schedule via a grid their own topics, discussions and presentations.
When: 25 - 26th May 2013Detail
Where: ESA Headquarter, Paris, France
Costs: 50 EUR (regular attendee)