A mission requirements document couldn't be shorter.
The PolAres Rover „Phileas“ shall:
- Function in desert and arctic environment until –80°C (high robustness),
- Function 80 days without interruption and be able to cover a distance up to 80 km (long durability & range of exploration)
- and be usable in regions up to the 80° latitude (north / south) (high versatility).
The primary mission profile is the transfer, application and utilisation of scientific payloads, both during single robotic missions and in cooperation with analogue astronauts as human component.read more
Follow on Twitter
- 12. April 2014: Yuris Night
Yuris Night Austria 2014 will be held at the Technical Museum Vienna. During the Yuris Night the OeWF Polarstar prize will be awarded. Details follow beginning 2014. Save the date!
- 2013/2014: Littrow Lectures
The Austrian Academy of Sciences organizes a series of lectures on recent space research topics. From extrasolar planets & space probes to Saturn's moon titan a series of lectures will provide insights to modern space research.
Where: Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften (ÖAW), Festsaal, 1010 Wien, Dr. Ignaz Seipel-Platz 2Detail
Last lecture: 21st May 2013, 18:15